Friday, May 22, 2009

The next phase

Grey's Anatomy, Season 5, Episode 22, What a Difference a Day Makes:

The graduation speech:
Today's the day my life begins. Today I become a citizen of the world. Today I become a grown up. Today I become accountable to someone other than myself and my parents. Accountable for more than my grades. Today, I become accountable to the world. To the future. To all the possibilities that life has to offer. Starting today, my job is to show up, wide eyed and willing and ready. For what, I don't know. For anything. For everything. To take on life. To take on love. To take on the responsibility and possibility. Today, my friends, our lives begin. And I, for one, can't wait.


Taking a look back at how far I've come, I've never realised it took me 19 years to be where I am now and the funny thing is, I hadn't realised it has been 19 years.

The things people do just for education, and with no realisation of it at all.




Who would have thought I'd be the rightful owner of the diploma that I hold now. Despite the setbacks that I had to go through throughout the 3 years, it's all over now.

Alhamdulillah...

I started off being a nerd, with a haircut that looked like it was hanging from my roots like the bunga manggar that you see at malay weddings and WAY ABOVE my shoulder, the very "fashionable" spectacles with lens frames that have the outline of a semicircle and without having a mickey mouse on it, it won't do justice. Not forgetting the very popular Osh Kosh B'gosh that is a must-have in every kids wardrobe and of course, I was known amongst my family members to be the kid who is always wearing the hat, ANYWHERE I GO. The best thing is I didn't have to worry about not having enough money for anything. I'd constantly have pocket money.



And now, I've grown. Oh yes, I've grown alot. :D

At least I've come to my senses to dress up as a sane human being.
But now, I have to deal with my own bills..
My own shopping..
My own necessities..
My own name..

No need for anymore consent forms.



I guess this is where my life really starts.
Hello world! Are you ready for me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Got comments? :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP