Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Im HOME! And this is gonna be a long one...

22nd December 2007

Piala Khatulistiwa

I swear if I could throw up, I would. I was so damned nervous. It was my first on the rebana. I had butterflies in my stomach.

Reached Ngee Ann Poly....
Ish..
nervous ke aper...
baju pink, sluar gold, kain purple.
dah mcm nak sambut Thaipusam kat Little India

Got ready in the holding area. Calmed myself down. Went thru a few runs together. Soon got called down to the auditorium to get ready.

My heart was beating so fast. I couldn't sit still. I couldn't stand still. Walked back and forth.. calming myself down. Gosh. I didn't know why I felt so nervous.

Soon, it was our turn to get on stage.

OMG! Our turn!

Oh shit oh shit oh shit!
*mutters a whole lot of prayers under breath*

"Politenik Temasek... NIRA NYERTIKA!!"

OMG! OMG!! WAIT WAIT! I AINT READY!

Time waits for noone. LOL

Went on stage. Things happened. Went off stage.

Ok. Yang penting, it's over. Aku pun tak nk pikir banyak2. Whatever happened, happened. Whatever we did on stage, we know it's our best. We can't help it if things were to happen. Lagipon its over.

So I said my goodbye(s) to the girls and cab-ed to the airport to meet the family there for my holiday in Jakarta/Bandung. That's another story.

After touching down in Jakarta airport and passed through immigration, I switched on my handphone and received an SMS from dearest Lela "Bonchjela". lol

"Kita dpt PAKAIAN TERBAIK OR WHAAATT...lol"

LOL! I laughed for awhile there. I told myself "If we didn't win, then is okay. The important thing is, we looked gorgeous on stage. WOOHOOO!"

So I caled Lela up using mum's hp. Aku pakai pp8 dok. Nak sms pon pikir 1000 kali. And yeah I clarified with her and asked about the well being of the girls.. and she said..

"Naq, kiter menang."
[Naq, we won.]

I didn't realy get that part. Seriously, my reaction was like "Huh? What?"
(BIAR BETIK?)

"Huh? Aper?"
"Kiter menang! Kiter menang Piala Srikandi!" (background voice of miza FISH "DAH 3 TAHUN SIAAKK!")
"WHAAATTT??!!!!!! FORRR REEEAAALLL!!?? Eh kau biar betol!!?"
"BETOL! Sumpah aku tak bedek!"
"Kau nak tipu aku kan?!"
"SUMPAH KITA MENANG! Kita menang Pakaian Terbaik and Piala Srikandi"

I ALMOST WANTED TO CRY OKAAAYYY!!!!!! I was literally the only person with that "WHAT?!" high pitch voice in the airport trying to find the luggage. My heart was like hooray-ing siak.

WE WON!!
NIRA NYERTIKA WON!!!
PIALA SRIKANDI!!
3 CONSECUTIVE YEARS!!





Omg. I needed a moment to gather my senses back. I swore that at that point of time, I felt like it was a total dream. I told my family about Nira bringing back the title for the 3rd time. I was so excited la.

Gosh. We won. Nira actually won. Despite the screw ups on stage.. we actually got the title...again....for the THIRD TIME! 3 consecutive times.

Alhamdulillah Syukur.
I'm just so proud of Nira. They've grown so much. Despite the problems we went through during the process.. I know it was all a learning experience. The hardwork and sacrifices were all worthwhile. The fruits of their labour has prospered and Nira Nyertika has bloomed along with lots of love, care, dedication, commitment and the most wonderful people I've met.

I love Nira Nyertika. I really do.

Biarlah harum jambangan puspa...
Natijahnya manis semanisnya nira...

If only somethings never change.. people would eventually stay...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Got comments? :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP