Monday, December 31, 2007

Auld Lang Syne... 2007


*looks at time*

As of now, it is the last day of 2007.

Time flies huh.
I know I've said that for like a million times. Howells....

How I wish I can see me in someone else's eyes. I want to see how much I've grown. I want to see how much I've changed. I want to see.. everything about me.

Well, that wouldn't be possible, right?

I looked up and my old posts dated 30th December 2006. I quoted...

New Year Resolutions :
1. Be more firm with myself
2. Shed some pounds off me *which obviously ain't gona happen. =)*

3. Less lies
4. Trying to find sense in what I'm actually doing right now
5. Time management
6. Act my age and not older. Maybe younger is good.
7. Snap more pichas
8. Block unwanted contacts from my MSN
9. Discover the meaning of constructive criticism
10. Make use of Dictionary.com more

Why resolutions? I don't know. It's for the fun of it. Really. I don't
bother carrying out any of the resolutions I've listed above.

Haha. That's funny. And out of all the 10.. I think I've done like, 30%? So much for keeping resoultions huh? Come to think of it, most of the resolutions actually doesn't make sense.

lol.

That was 2006.

Now, I'm ending 2007 and welcoming 2008.

Let's do abit of self-reflection. Shall we?

2007

Well I think I've said this like almost every year because every year is like almost the same. Shits, shits and more shits.

That's all part of "growing up" right?

Right. Growing up.

Speaking of growing up. Brings me to a topic that me and a friend had on MSN a few days back. It started out from a song from the Little Mermaid - Part of your world. And it soon brought to the topic of the times where we were had no worries and cares for the world.

Lela:
eh naq... when will we live happily ever after eh i
mean.. evryone.. ok not everyone, but tehre are morons out terhe who are in love
and we're just... in.. hades...


Me:
my life is getting pathetic each time the second hand
on the clock ticks


Lela:
=) aku nak nangis... [i want to cry]

Me:
asal pulak? [but why?]

Lela:
lagu ni... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a5Mp8tq-t4
membawe sejute kenangantime kecik2, no worries, no care. yg worries pun, mainan
tak cukup, nak makan chewing gum, takot mak marah, blum hafal lagu cartoon, nak
pergi sch takot tak sempat tgk cartoon. barbie latest blum beli. play dough
termix colours.

[this song... brings a million memories during childhood, no worries, no
care. the only worry is about not having enough toys, wanting to eat chewing
gum, scared of getting scolded by mum, haven't took the time to memorise the
cartoon song, scared of missing cartoons when going to sch. the latest barbie
doll hasn't been bought. the playdough colours are mixed up accidentally.]

Me:
tuh aahh! [yah la!]

Lela:
but "think about it yaaaa" (in teh words of bapak
ranjeet teh red nose reindeer) maybe we were meant to be single cos we're
destined for greater things in tiems to come =)


Side-tracked: if you are wondering who on earth is Ranjeet the red nose reindeer, watch this.
That convo we had, left me thinking.. Why do we grow up? Why are we born to face more and more worries as we grow? Why are there problems in the world eventhough we know that our life on earth is just temporary?

Whatever it is, I guess God has alot of plans for us humans. And we, being the stupid humans that we are, have no idea about it.

I don't know about you people.

I think we humans just think too much about achieving things on Earth rather than think about what is accountable for in the later world. Not being religious of some sort. Its just that, we humans often lose sight of things that we already have.

Well, my 2007 is filled with things called "appreciation", "initiative", "independance" and a lil something called "commitment".

Nothing significant so far which left a mark to myself. Everything is getting boring-er.

Til then, I welcome 2008 with open arms.
Let's PARTY!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Got comments? :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP