Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hari Raya Preps

Gosh. I'm so evil to leave my blog all alone.

Excuse me for the lack of updates. I suddenly lost the ability to compose my words and come up with a meaningful entry. LOL

Moreover, much hoo-haa is going on with the Hari Raya Preps and what nots.

How are your Raya preps? Good? Mine's great so far. But somehow, I'm not getting any luck on having enough time for iftar sessions with the friends. BOOO!!~ Well I've had a few iftars but.. ok nvm.


Kuih making is fun. I had to restrain myself from plunging my nose into the kuih tray once it's out from the oven. Oh and of course from excessive drooling. Kuih tarts, kuih makmur, choc chip cookies so far. It's a yearly affair. But I'm afraid if the kuihs won't be able to last til Raya. Oh but I'm sure it will *counts number of bottles*


Other than the kuihs, the lampu lap lips also makes me a very excited goober. Father has been switching on the lampu lap lip at home quite often now. And so is every other nearby Muslim household I see around the neighbourhood. Some even looked like there's a disco going on. Really. If I ever see that house again, I'll snap a picture as proof k. Excessive flashing light bulbs in colours of blue, green, red and yellow. It'd be no surprise if they see stars during Hari Raya.


And of course, what's Ramadhan and Hari Raya without a trip TRIPS to Geylang. Yes, I've been there countless of times. Some people might not stand the crowd and the heat, well yours truly can't stand the crowd and heat. But what is Ramadhan and Hari Raya without the hustle and bustle of the Muslim community trying to get the best kuihs, Hari Raya outfits and home decor and the lelong-ings of the vendors trying to sell off their stuff.

*******


Oh and somehow or rather, I noticed Father being obsessively excited with DIDI and kept on asking me to snap pictures almost EVERYWHERE because I bring DIDI everywhere I go, apparently. LOL. Yes, the model is me father. I can't believe fathar is a narcicisst at heart. :p

Oh and trips to Geylang ends with a good ol' classic hot Teh Tarik from the local Mamak coffeeshops. BAYEK AH MAN! WA SUKA LU PUNYA TEH TARIK!

With love,
CHANTEK!~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Got comments? :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP