Monday, August 04, 2008

Over the weekends...

Much has been going on over the weekends. Loads of family time and definitely loads of shopping. So I'm pretty much contented with the retail therapy over at BATAM!

Yes, you guessed it. BATAM!!!!!!

Well anyway, I'd start off with my Saturday first.

Went over to Aloha Changi to survey the cottage and chalets there. A wedding anniversary for my dad's uncle is coming up in Nov so as usual, my parents are very much proactive in planning for such events.

So after much going around Aloha Changi, the decision has been made for the chalet reservation.

After that, it was lepak time at an Indian coffee shop at Changi Village. The roti nan bloody nice la siah. The "I-duno-what-its-called", the thing which you dip the roti nan in, is marvellous. Until my fingers turned orange. LOL.

Well anyway, after Changi Village, headed to Changi Airport Terminal 2 to have dinner with Cik Ajib's family.


It was a trip to Fresh Bulgoggi, a family of Seoul Garden. I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE PRONOUNCED. Nonetheless, food was kinda good. The difference with Fresh Bulgoggi and Seoul Garden is the variety of food and Fresh Bulgoggi is mainly Ala Carte.

Oh and all orders are done electronically....


Service wise... not good. Maybe because everything is done electronically, you don't get much attention from the waiters. But oh wells, as long as I'm full, I'm satisfied. :p

Sunday

Headed over to Batam for a day shopping spree. Oh I so love Batam!

It was an early start. Took the ferry at 9am and reached Batam at around 10+am SG time. Once reached, headed to a shop selling dried foods. After that it was Nasi Padang for lunch. Food was ok, not awesomely good though. After lunch, it was the first stop at DC Mall. Mum bought all the necessary household items to stock up at home. Stock up.. meaning, for instance, she bought 12 boxes of toothpaste -_________-.

Yes.
Ridiculous?
No.
Just saving money.

So after much shopping of household items at DC Mall and a few other stuffs, Mum, my uncle and 2 of my other aunts alighted at IndoThai massage and spa parlour to get a massage. The rest of us headed to Nagoya Hill shopping centre which I did a bit of shopping. bought a top and a sweater, a few accessories and thats it.

After Nagoya Hill, went over to Mega Mall which is the last stop for the day. Bought a Billabong cap and a pair of slippers.

Yes. I literally splurged on loads of stuff over at Batam but trust me, my spending only reached a few dollars above S$100.

And of course... what is Batam without them J.Co Donuts!
4 boxes of 6 to be exact. :p

I'm a very very happy goober! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Got comments? :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP