Thursday, March 13, 2008

My trip

Finally, I'm HOME!

Loads happened during the trip. So this is gonna be a long entry. Bear with me people.

9th March 2008

Arrived at Singapore Cruise Centre, Harbourfront at 12pm. Finally departed at 2pm (Yes. 2 whole hours just to board the cruise). Said our goodbyes to the family.

And there I was, all excited passing through the immigration. OMG! I was going on a cruise!

After passing through immigration. That's SuperStar Gemini.

So the long waited anticipation of stepping into a big ship was finally over. There I was.

omg.
OMG.
OOOOMMGGGG!!

The reception counter and main lobby.

Super humungous to the maximum of the maximum-ests!
So I was all hyped up about getting on the cruise. (You would if you were me)

Bella Vista, the classy restaurant.

Had a western lunch at Bella Vista. A real classy restaurant.
After which, it was a whole lot of time spent walking around the cruise, see what facilities there are, enjoy the open sea breeze. There was (takes in a deeeepp breath..):

Thirteen decks
Swimming pool
Gym
Fourteen restaurants and bars
Jacuzzis
Spa
Hair Salon
Massage parlour
(Takes in another deeepppp breath...)
Duty-free shop
Video arcade
Discos
Library
Activity center
Basketball court
Miniature golf
Child care center
Movie Theater
Concert Hall

The swimming pool. The center of the ship.

Trust me. This isn't all the facilities available there. I might left out a few. The whole four days wasn't enought to really explore the whole ship.

Decided to go over to the gym and try it out. Gosh, I'm so rusty on the threadmill and working out on my legs that I had a major major MAJOR muscle strain on both my calves. I hate it when it happens, explains why I also HATE to run. *smirks*

Galaxy of the Stars, where we held our gatherings.

Get to know the people in the tour group, get a good look on their faces. Dinner, at Bella Vista, was alright though. Well, you can't expect the local malay dishes to be cooked to perfecto on board an international cruise right?

10th March 2008

The second day, decided to try out the Mediterranean International Buffet for breakfast and lunch. OMG! FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD! FOOD HAVEN! (if this goes on, hopes of me slimming down are pretty... slim)

There were loads of food to choose from but I have to limit my choices or I'll end up looking like I'm 7 months pregnant when I get back to Singapore.

So after lunch, had a small gathering with the tour group over at one of the bars. There was light entertainment for the people and soon after it was a stop at Penang. Got ready to embark the ship to do some sight-seeing and a bit of shopping around Penang. Nothing much to see. Mum bought a few stuff for the loved ones at home.

Streets of Penang


The colourful array of those buah asams they sell at the markets in Penang.

After half a day spent over on shore at Penang, was time to head back on board the cruise at 6-ish. Had dinner at the Mediterranean Buffet because Mum and Gran wanted more choices for food so the buffet was the better choice.

The Lido. Big? I know. It's like the Esplanade theater. Almost.

After dinner, we headed to The Lido, (no not the one at Orchard.. duh) for a real good show "The Street Life". It was MARVELLOUS la sey. The amazing Chinese acrobats plus the sizzling hot Brazillian dancers. A real good show. Tho thumbs up. With that, the 2nd day was done deal.

Wonders me why time flies so fast when you're having so much fun... -.-

11th March 2008


It was an early stop over at Phuket so woke up early, proceeded to the Mediterranean Buffet for breakfast and then it was "Hello Phuket!".

Gosh, I loved the beach and the waters and the scenery and the people....(well, you get the idea)

Wonderful scenery of Patong Beach.

We alighted at Patong Beach. I almost forget that I was in Phuket because after looking at the locals there, I mistaken the place to be somewhere in Malaysia. I was so convinced that the locals looked alot like Malays.

So admired the soft glittery sand and the blue waters reflecting the glistening sun rays over the shore. There were alot of foreigners, mostly the whites. There was rental for bikes and other four wheelers, small shops by the beach, a few spots where you can get a massage, hair braids and manicures and pedicures.

So it was just a short admiration of Patong Beach. We had to rush on the tour bus to get some sight-seeing and a lil bit of shopping done. Had lunch at a Muslim restaurant. The owner is Malaysian Chinese but a Muslim who settled down in Phuket. Good food though the Tom Yam was kind of dissapointing though.

However, the tour around Phuket was kind of dissapointing. There were some places that weren't neccesary to visit. As a result, there was lack of time. So no shopping of clothes, bags or what nots. I was excited over getting my hair braided at Patong Beach, but tough luck. Turns out, there was a miscommunication about the time to report back to the cruise. Ended up being late for 1/2 hour. SHEESH. Howells, hair braids can wait I suppose.

Anyways, dinner was a surprise. There was a Captain's Gala Dinner at Bella Vista. So all those high class people were all dressed up, unlike myself, sis and mum. We had slippers on and I was the most slackiest and most selekeh dressed person in the whole entire restaurant. We had no idea that there was a gala dinner. The rest of the tour group were all dressed up. Dammit.

SINGAPORE!!!! jiwa dok. :)

So there was a small celebration over at the restaurant, flags, loads of cake, special ice cream cake dessert, birthday cakes for a few of the birthday people on board the cruise.

Aweeessooommeee~

12th March 2008 (The last day *boohoo*)

So the last day came. Time flew so fast. Had a good breakfast at the buffet. Then went for a Traditional Thai Massage over at the Massage Parlour. Maaayynn, that was the most relaxing, painful yet very very nice time during the whole entire cruise. The masseuse was a young lady yet had strong fingers and hands. It was ssooo sooo nice. One thing I love about the Thai Massage was that it's oil free. I hate the oily feeling of the usual massages.

SWIMMING!!! :)

One of the games that mum joined.

So that was the good massage from the pretty Thai lady. After massage was lunch at Mediterranean Buffet, and I thought that I just completed breakfast a few hours ago. Lunch was done and it was time for another last gathering with the rest of the tour group. Had fun and games and loads of laugh.

Dinner came too soon, at 4.30pm. Tell me, WHO IN THE RIGHT MIND WOULD HAVE DINNER AS EARLY AS 4.30pm?!
Oh wells, the reason is mainly because the ship is scheduled to dock in Singapore Cruise Center at HarbourFront at 7pm. That's why dinner was early.

The captains responsible for getting us to our destination safe and on time.

It was then home sweet home. The cruise reached the Singapore Cruise Center at 6.30pm but we only left at 7.30pm because we had to wait for the docking and get ready the immigration and all that stuff.

So here is my long awaited entry about my cruise. It took me quite some time because of the thousands of pictures to upload.


A great holiday. Take it from me, if you have the money and the time, don't bother taking flights or decide to drive. Go on a cruise and it would be a holiday you will remember for life.

More pictures will be at my multiply here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Got comments? :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP