Wednesday, May 21, 2008

American Idol: Final Showdown

American Idol is definitely one of the best talent search contest. I've been following the show since the start of the season and finally, the long awaited finale has arrived.


It's down to two Davids. Both very talented, with two totally different personalities.

The Nokia Theatre turned into a boxing ring for the two contestants. I guess American Idol has decided to have a change since Nokia Theatre will be it's new "home" for the Idol finale(s). As such, prolly they've decided to give it a go to bring in boxing to the final showdown. Something different for a change. Kudos to American Idol.

Back to the show...


It was so clear during the final performance show that Archuleta has got the winning vote from the judges. I mean, it's not because I'm being biased just because he is my favourite among all the contestants, but I have to agree with the judges. Archuleta's performance was WOW. His song choice showed off his vocal talents and I must say, he did real good. REAL good.


Cook however wasn't getting on the good side of the judges, especially the "infamous" Simon Cowell. The judges thought that he had some problems in his song choice. In my opinion, maybe the songs he chose were unfamiliar but then again, I thought his performances weren't very impressive from the previous episodes.

At the end of the 3 rounds, Simon Cowell called the night a "knock-out". Archuleta gained "victory" in all 3 rounds. Sorry Cook, but I think, Archuleta's gonna win. No doubt, the fans were all Cook-sided and Archuleta only got the shrieking screams of his female fans in the theatre itself, but I've got to say, I'm putting my bets on Archuleta.

So who will be the next American Idol?

The very cute and young David Archuleta who stands out with his amazing vocals despite being the baby of the whole lot.

David Cook, the most inventive contestant with a strong identity who always know how to rock the stage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Got comments? :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP