Thursday, May 01, 2008

Labour Day rounds


Happy Labour Day!

It's definitely of no significance to me. Just another public holiday.. YIPPEE!! :)

Spent the holiday with the family, Cik Ajib's family and Tok Karim's family. Went rounding around Singapore. It was kinda nice la. Discovering places in Singapore without having to spend so much money. Not entirely though.

Had breakfast at home and went out at around noon to have lunch. We had lunch at Rasa Rasa Fiesta Seafood Restaurant nearby An-Nur mosque. It was a hearty lunch. It felt like dinner actually with Sweet Sour Fish, Hotplate Beancurd, Kangkong Belacan, Tom Yam soup, Lemon Chicken, Sweet Sour Squid (i think).

I was too busy indulging in the food, I forgot that I actually brought my camera along. LOL! I was hungry WHAT! -.-

Well anyway, after a filling lunch (all of us were bloated), headed to An-Nur mosque for Zohor prayers. (heh. don't bother asking abt me. akak cuti la)

After prayers, headed to Upper Pierce Reservoir to go look at monkeys!
Since the news about the offence of feeding the wild monkeys came out, there are lesser monkeys now there. Before that particular news, the monkeys are like everywhere along the road. They always look out for the cars that stop alongside the road and wait.. wait.. wait..
for any kind of food to be thrown at them. Nuts, bread, crackers.

Sadly, we spotted a dead monkey in the middle of the road. I guessed one of the car threw some food at them and then this monkey chased, but didn't see another oncoming car, and the car didn't see the monkey, so he got hit. When we passed by the dead monkey, the blood was still fresh and wet. So it must have happened barely a few minutes before we got there. Kesian seyy.. Well, his fellow monkey friends just sat there, and stare... once in a while, looking at the cars passing by.

Dead monkey aside.


We had good family time just chilling at Upper Pierce Reservoir. Enjoyed the great open scenery. There were soo much greenery. Had the usual laughs with the different stories and jokes my relatives could come up with.

After a much fulfilling chill out session by the reservoir, we headed to Adam Rd Food Centre for a good teh tarik session. The weather was scorching hot. I felt like my fats were melting. LOL! Well after teh tarik session, went over to Ba'Alwi Mosque nearby for Asar prayers. But ended up, the mosque had a Maulidul Rasul session so there was a big crowd. I guess it really is some big occassion til they had to have policemen blocking some of the roads to control traffic.

Well, since the mosque had some function, decided to head to Al-Falah mosque opposite Paragon at Orchard. Decided to do some shopping for my "business wear" to school. (I still think it's a pain in the ass to have such rules and strict guidelines to follow) Lucky the gahmen had the GST payout so mum gave the opportunity to me to splurge on what I would call "a forced indulgence" because seriously, I hate shopping for business wear. They either don't fit me, the material sucks or they are BLOODY EXPENSIVE! I'd rather shop for more casual clothes because that's what I wear most of the time. Tell me again why I'm in Financial Business Informatics?

After Paragon, and Mahgrib prayers at the same mosque, headed to Chai Chee Seafood for light dinner. Believe it or not, everyone was still full from the very very heavy lunch. So we had just 5 dishes for dinner. Had Seafood Hor Fun, Mee Hoon Soup and Squid Char Kuay, Shark's Fin Soup and Rojak.


So that's about it. After dinner, headed home because everyone started to face the horrible reality of realising that the next day isn't a weekend or an extended public holiday. It doesn't apply to yours truly, because yours truly doesn't have any lessons the next day. *insert evil grin here*

Anyway, to my dearest dearest Amsyar...

Happy 3 Months darling!


From,
Your lovable "evil monster"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Got comments? :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP