Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's day


The love of a mother can't be accounted for.
The sacrifices.
The unconditional love.
The 9 months of bearing extra weight.
The sleepless nights due to cries.
The household chores.
The cooking.

If I were to go on, your computer/laptop would end up being in sleep mode.

There's too much to list down regarding the job of being a mother. Therefore, as a token of appreciation to all the mothers in the world, this day exists.

Mother's Day.

Well, some people might think that..
"We can always show mothers how much we love them every other day."
"We don't need to wait for such a day just to show our appreciation."
"What's the big hoo-haa about Mother's Day? It's not like it's a public holiday."


Do we always say "I Love You" to our mothers? Prolly, we don't even remember to say thank you for the wonderful dinner she prepares each night. So what's so wrong about being a little more appreciative of the existence of Mother's Day. At least it gives us, the sons and daughters, a chance to say "I Love You" or "Thank You" to our mothers.


A small celebration held at J's Wok and Grill at Bedok North. Not a very grand occasion. Just a small gathering with close relatives, having lunch together. Yes, lunch. Not dinner because many restaurants and diners are fully booked. Bummer.

The company was great.
The food was... okay.
The service was... not marvellous. They could have improved on waiting time though.
Oh, and one thing, my glass smells of an Indian meenachi.

Really. I'm not kidding.

Well, it was a simple yet great occasion to honour the mothers and especially to Nenek who is not in very good condition right now. Let's just pray for her recovery....

The day didn't end there for the rest of us. Went over to Esplanade and Marina Square just to enjoy the family company. Ballads of the Cliche, an Indie Pop underground Indonesian band performed at the riverside at Esplanade.


I guess that's about it.

Great celebration.
Greater company.
Greatest mother.

To Mother,

Eventhough you get angry at me, and sometimes it's the other way round, you're still the most wonderful mother. I'm glad to be your daughter. You've been my bestfriend, my partner, my mother, my sister. Everything. I thank you so much for bringing me into these world and of course continue to bring me up. Throughout these 18 years, I've learnt more about the "thrills" of growing up. I understand more of the naggings I get, the scoldings, the constant reminders, the worries you have. I know, no special gift, present, flowers, chocolates can measure up to how much love you've showered me. Thank you for the unconditional love. Thank you for looking out for me. Thank you mother for being MY mother.


Yours truly,
Daughter
For more pictures, visit my multiply.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Got comments? :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP