Sunday, August 05, 2007

Reflecting...

Look at me
You may think you see
Who I really am
But you'll never know me
Everyday, it's as if I play a part
Now I see, if I wear a mask
I can fool the world
But I cannot fool my heart
Who is that girl I see,
Staring straight, back at me?
When will my reflection show,
Who I am inside?

Sometimes, we are so sure of someone that we think we know them, thick and thin. Fact is, we don't. No matter how much we can actually judge someone or tell what their next move is, only he/she knows herself best.

However, many people are stil trying to deny it. Deny the undeniable.

They say, "I don't know myself. I'm confused about what I want and need right now."

Noone can be so uncertain of themselves. I mean, seriously, if you don't know yourself, what makes you think others will know you?

I guess all of us are just too caught up in trying to be someone whom we're not, and impress others rather than being the person that we are, and reflect on ourselves.

Reflect. Reflections. Why does it exist anyway? We can't see through ourselves in the first place.

We try to deny the truth. Yet, everything will just go against us. How long more are we trying to lie to ourselves? All we want is to thing that everything is fine. Fine.

What's so fine about anything? Nothing.

I don't know. Everything is going against me. I guess I have to start changing my ways. Well, from all I can see through myself, I've changed. Though to some, I'm becoming from bad to worse. Oh whatever. As long as I'm contented with myself, that'll be just fine.

See.... I'm lying to myself yet again.

Sheesh. I just will keep on lying and lying. That's what I've been doing. Just to make myself happy. Sometimes, I even wonder to myself, how do I do it?

Oh well, everyone has their own secrets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Got comments? :)

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP